Subscribe To Our Podcast
As the title suggests, Dr. Una discusses how to do the right marketing and the best applications, how you can embrace entrepreneurship, marketing, and how she made a system that works with or without her. She’s picking some examples of challenges she faced over the years, including the pandemic, and how she responded to those very doable but uncomfortable things as a private practice owner.
- 00:01:07 – Introduction to Dr. Una
- 00:02:57 – Transitioning from physician to CEO
- 00:04:51 – Breaking into the business of healthcare
- 00:07:08 – Why do you feel physicians find it so difficult to market in their practices?
- Believe that we don’t have to do marketing
- A good product or service will make up for marketing
- Feeling uncomfortable with marketing
- 00:13:38 – Knowing that marketing is a mindset thing, what are some of the tips we can actually use to market ourselves in private practice?
- Building up a good referral system
- Like & trust, being a thought leader in the space
- How to create content?
- 00:21:44 – Can you market your practice without being that dancer? Here’s how you really can grow your patients!
- 00:27:38 – How does being with a community of people with a similar mindset affect your journey?
Background of Dr. Una
Dr. Nneka Unachukwu is a board-certified pediatrician and the founder and CEO of Ivy League Pediatrics outside of Atlanta, Georgia. She graduated from the University of Nigeria College of Medicine and completed her residency in New Jersey before opening her own practice. After honing her entrepreneurial skills, Dr. Una created the EntreMD business school, podcast, and community to help physicians build personal brands around their expertise, open practices, and develop product lines. Featured in Forbes and a member of the Forbes Business Council, she has helped doctors all over the world leverage entrepreneurship to build lives they love.
Dr. Rachel Miller
In addition to being a board-certified Obstetrician & Gynecologist, Dr. Rachel Miller is a Certified Executive Coach, an author of “How to Succeed as a Healthcare Leader”, as well as a Dr. John Maxwell Leadership Coach, Speaker, and Trainer. Through her company, Pocket Bridges, LLC, she helps healthcare leaders and executives to lead their systems feeling confident and empowered to decrease physician burnout, improve provider engagement, and enhance leadership skills. She is a Genos International Emotional Intelligence Practitioner and uses these assessments with her coaching. Most recently, she has a new program, “Leader as Coach”, that equips leaders with the knowledge, tools, techniques, and frameworks to facilitate effective coaching in leadership.
Dr. Miller is a fellow of the ACOG Cefalo Leadership Institute and a member of the International Coaching Federation.
In addition to numerous podcast appearances, she has been featured in Care.com, theBump.com, Parents magazine, and Insider.