In today’s episode, Dr. Rachel chatted with billing & coding expert Dr. Heather Signorelli. Listen as we discuss essential metrics when it comes to billing & the difference they could make in your practice. You will also learn the best methods to drive better payer negotiations and proactive medical billing tips to maximize your practice revenue.
Subscribe To Our Podcast
- 00:00:40 – Introduction to Dr. Heather Signorelli
- 00:02:30 – How did you get into billing and coding from being a pathologist?
- 00:04:17 – What are the important billing metrics you should pay attention to?
- 00:09:35 – Accounts receivable follow-up over 90 days and denial management
- Money owed to you by insurance companies
- Money owed by the patients
- 00:14:12 – Learn these tricks for successfully negotiating payer contracts.
- 00:17:09 – Key questions to ask before hiring a medical billing company
Background of Dr. Heather Signorelli
Dr. Signorelli is a triple board-certified Pathologist and physician executive overseeing laboratories (200) in a large healthcare system. Dr. Signorelli is also an entrepreneur who enjoys building businesses and owns a laboratory consulting company as well as a full-service medical billing and coding company with her husband. She is committed to helping physicians learn the business side of medicine through her podcast, RevMD.
Connect with Dr. Heather Signorelli
Dr. Rachel Miller
In addition to being a board-certified Obstetrician & Gynecologist, Dr. Rachel Miller is a Certified Executive Coach, an author of “How to Succeed as a Healthcare Leader”, as well as a Dr. John Maxwell Leadership Coach, Speaker, and Trainer. Through her company, Pocket Bridges, LLC, she helps healthcare leaders and executives to lead their systems feeling confident and empowered to decrease physician burnout, improve provider engagement, and enhance leadership skills. She is a Genos International Emotional Intelligence Practitioner and uses these assessments with her coaching. Most recently, she has a new program, “Leader as Coach”, that equips leaders with the knowledge, tools, techniques, and frameworks to facilitate effective coaching in leadership.
Dr. Miller is a fellow of the ACOG Cefalo Leadership Institute and a member of the International Coaching Federation.
In addition to numerous podcast appearances, she has been featured in Care.com, theBump.com, Parents magazine, and Insider.